Sunday, September 11, 2011

Eve Pearl products

So I recently purchased two Eve Pearl products via Haute Look that I'm really enjoying: the Dual Salmon Concealer & Treatment and a Glamour Lash Mascara. 
For ages I've heard makeup gurus sing the praises of salmon concealer, but I just never got around to trying one out. The idea behind it is that the salmon hue cancels out any blue undertones in your under eye circles, and it really does work. I was kind of skeptical because it was such an overhyped phenomenon, but I was really impressed with the Eve Pearl concealer. 


I chose the Light/Medium (I'm an NC30-NC35 in MAC foundation) and it's a really good match. I put the medium shade on first and pat it in to cancel out most of my dark circles and then pat on a thin layer of the lighter shade to blend everything into my skin tone. It's super creamy and very pigmented, too, so a light application is sufficient. Once it's topped off with a powder it should last all day.


The Glamour Lash Mascara builds lots of length due to the micro-fibers in the formula. It also claims to build volume, but I didn't notice as much of that compared to the length. Honestly, my favorite volume building mascaras usually come from Cover Girl (like Lash Blast in the orange tube). But what really impressed me was the fact that after a day's worth of wear and sweating, there was no transfer to my lower lids or under eye area. That's always a pet peeve of mine. By the end of the day when it was time to remove my makeup I realized why there was no transfer. It comes off in little tubes! It literally surrounds each lash in a little tube of mascara and washes off with warm water and a little pressure. I had NO idea that was part of the deal, so I was pleasantly surprised. If you're at all familiar with Loreal's Double Extend Beauty Tubes, it's exactly the same idea. I'll probably always be loyal to Cover Girl, but on days when I know I'll sweat, or if I want to apply mascara to my bottom lashes, I'll probably turn to Eve Pearl.
:-)
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment